- Create a virtual machine with EFI boot, install windows + tools and power down the VM
- Open ssh to the host where the VM is registered to
- use VIM-cmd vmsvc/getallvms | grep *name_of_VM*
- cd to the datastore path
- Edit the vmx file using the vi editor and add the below lines
hypervisor.cpuid.v0 = “FALSE”
pciHole.dynStart = “2816”
- Save the editor and then reload the VMX (201 is the vmid from the above screenshot)
vim-cmd vmsvc/reload 201
- Edit settings on the VM> add new hardware>pci device>add graphic card and its audio device(2 pci pass through device and set the memory reservation to maximum)
- Take a snapshot and then power on the VM
- Conform the hardware under graphic adapter followed by nvidia drivers installation.
- on successful installation.. after the reboot, the exclamation on the driver should go away and you should observe that extending the monitor (window key + P and extend/duplicate) should show the display out on the monitor where the graphic card is connected to.
Note: The nvidia card and its audio device must already have been marked as under pci device as pass through!!
Stem 3, 4 , 5 6 can be replaced with the below: (the below might not work on vsphere 5.x)
- Edit VM settings:
- VM options>advanced>Edit configuration and add the two lines: