Installation over view:
Simple install assume’s that all vCenter components are to be installed on the same box.
Components installed during a simple install include:
- Prerequisites: (installation media\Single Sign-On\prerequisites)
- Microsoft Visual c++ Redist 2008
- VMware Single Single sign on
- VMware vSphere webclient
- vCenter Inventory Service
- vCenter Server
- VMware vSphere Profile-Driven Storage
Mount the install iso and launch the autorun.exe from the disk drive.
Select simple install and run through the wizard
Type in the SSO password
Sso site name:
Validate and then hit install
Installation wizard steps here:
web client installation
If you already have a SQL server on the environment, Ensure the ODBC drivers are installed and create a DSN to the SQL server. Else, leave this to the default to install SQL express 2008
- express instance has a 4GB database size limitation.
- admin privileges on the SQL instance are granted to the account used at the time of install.
SSO thumbprint validation: